Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, May 13, 2011

Week 34

I'm in my 34th week of my pregnancy this week, and although I'm on modified bed rest, it was a productive and busy week.  Can't believe our little one is on his/her way so soon.  Here's a recap to catch you up. 
I gave in and ate the old man's cookies - all of them (over a week).  I also had a potato, used some spinach in a frittata (and fed some to Houdini), opened up the peanut M&Ms, tossed the bagels (they were stale), and cracked open the Tostitos cheese dip...so good, but so bad....which is why we never have that stuff around.  He clearly is not coming back for his goods...

I had my regularly scheduled doctor's appointment this week (after a quick trip to the hospital again on Monday night, but I wasn't admitted this time) and my BP is great, I lost 2 lbs (apparently bed rest prevents over eating), but am still in the healthy gain rate, and baby has a strong heartbeat and is growing, measuring 34 weeks (at 33 weeks, 3 days) so all news was good news on that end.  As for my slight complication, the doctor is definitely not taking me off modified bedrest until the baby comes so all hopes of that were shot.  I have a "low lying" placenta, as I've mentioned before, which is a minor type of placenta previa.  Basically, all that means for now is that it's too early to know whether or not my delivery will be impacted....I could go to term, I could have to deliver early....I could have a c-section, I could have a vaginal delivery....for now, the doctor is not too concerned and Riley and I will continue to chill on the couch or bed.  I  made the mistake of reading too much scary info on placenta previa on the internet so I'll also be steering clear of too much pregnancy research, too.

My mom came over on Wednesday and helped clean my house up a bit - sweeping, vacuuming, wiping counters and doing laundry!  She also took me to my appointment.  The help was much appreciated.  Today, Brennan and Debbie are here, too helping do laundry and clean up and pack up our house.  Woooo!  We're lucky to have such generous family members.  I started getting my hospital bag and diaper bag ready for baby's birth.  For now, I've got the above cute lil outfit washed and packed for our "going home" outfit for baby, as well as a blanket. 
On Tuesday and Wednesday nights, we had our Childbirth 101 class and it was GREAT.  I am so glad we took this course.  I feel so much more prepared and knowledgeable about labor, different types of delivery, different types of possible interventions and instruments used during delivery, breathing and coping techniques for natural births, pain meds, what to expect from nurses and doctors, what happens to the baby after birth, etc.  Brian volunteered to help demonstrate one of the laboring positions and I snapped a photo (above) on my phone, he he.  He won us a prize though - some baby washcloths and bath salts.

No comments: