Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, February 5, 2011

20 Week Scan

Yesterday, we had our "big" 20 week scan.  We were so excited, and our moms both can into the city to join us for the appointment.  Everything is looking good, but baby did not want to cooperate for the camera.  He/she stayed rolled in a ball, facing down the majority of the time, with the occasional kick of the leg or wave of the hands. 
 When the tech pushed on my belly with the wand to try to encourage the baby to flip over, the baby just waved its fists at us, as if to say (like its Daddy), "Leave me alone!  I'm sleeping!".  OR we have a Jersey Shore fist pumper in there!
The tech said even if we'd wanted to know the gender, the baby did not cooperate - legs crossed, pressed together, hiding from us!  Sneaky baby!  It sounds like I'll go back for another ultrasound at the end of my second trimester or beginning of my third to make sure my placenta is in a good spot.  It's low lying and they just want to confirm it will move out of the way 100%.  I'm excited for another scan (thought this was my last), but also anxious because I don't want placenta previa.  Let's hope that thing moves!

No comments: