Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Fans Fan

Ever since living in our condo in Colorado, I've been a huge fan of ceiling fans.  All of our bedrooms had ceiling fans/light fixtures, as did our living room and I loved having the overhead lighting and the ability to circulate air without having to use an oscillating stand fan.  I'm very particular about fans - I don't like uneven or too strong of "winds" blowing at me.  My hair blows all over and tickles my face and it drives me batty.  So, a steady ceiling fan is now the only way I'll go. 
This evening, Brian drove me out to the new house (since when you're in a car, you're sitting, so that qualifies as modified bed rest in my book) to pick out paint (he and his dad had had selected and painted several samples onto the walls) and we went to Lowe's where I planned to sit in the car while Brian ran in for paint.  LUCKY FOR ME (sense my sarcasm?), they had motorized carts that Brian insisted I drive around the store instead of just waiting in the car.  So, once I'd mounted up on my little buggy, I perused around Lowe's while waiting for our paint to be mixed.  We ended up in the fan section and picked out the above fan for the baby's room.  This sucker may be returned in the near future because in searching for a photo to include in this post, I've found it has terrible reviews.  However, it's cute and you get the idea of the style we're looking for to mount in the baby's nursery.  This will look great with white trim and green walls.


Brian found this larger, darker fan at Costco this week and I love it.  This is for the Living Room.  Should look great with our tan walls (ahem, "Oatnut" by Valspar), white trim and dark furniture.

All paint and paint supplies are on promotion at Lowe's until Monday (for every $50 you spend, save $5) AND we had a 10% off coupon.  We saved about $50 on our purchases this evening.  I wish I could include a photo of me in my motorized scooter at Lowe's, but we didn't take one. I thought about it for two seconds, but was too embarrassed. Maybe next time....
We also decided on our washer and dryer purchase and are in the process of closing it out.  It's amazing how much shopping you can do from the couch - lots of reviews and articles right at your fingertips.  With the right appliance store and sales person, making an appliance purchase remotely is quite easy.  Also, we've been casually looking at sets for the last three months while waiting for our house to close.  We decided on this Maytag Maxima set, but in white and without the fancy (read: expensive) pedestals and platform thing.  These bad boys have great features, a super warranty and awesome consumer reports.  We also are getting a great deal with some additional rebates so it feels like a smart purchase  I am not lying when I say I'm excited to use them - especially to wash all of the bambino's new clothes and blankets and other washable accessories.

No comments: