Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Busy Weekend Post # 3: The Shower

Now, the post you've all been waiting for (right?!) - The Shower!  Alia flew in from Albuquerque to throw me an amazing shower with all of my friends.  I was so sad when I thought I'd have to ask her to cancel it, but we only had to push it back a couple of hours.  Everyone was still able to come, for the most part.  It was the perfect way to end such a stressful/scary weekend.  I could have not asked for a better day with all my friends. 

A few disclaimers before you go looking through these photos.  I spent the night before in the hospital and probably got about 3 hours of sleep.  I clearly need a tan (the self tanner isn't working as well as I thought).  I didn't have enough time to do my hair properly so you're getting the natural look.  All pictures are compliments of Miss Alia and her fabulous photography skills.

Christina, Cat and Andra enjoying the sun and the brunch.
 The adorable diaper cake Stefania made me - I love it!
 The party in action!  There's me in my "throne" - I was treated like a true queen due to the bed rest orders.  I felt a bit lazy and rude, but I know my friends were understanding of my condition (that sounds so needy).
 Gift time!  I was showered with so many generous, neat gifts.  Baby Rogers is very fortunate to have so many of mommy's friends and two excited grandmas so excited to meet him/her!  Some gift highlights - our car seat, our baby monitor (the ONE with the motion, sound and video!), a hospital gown, lots of goodies like diaper ointment, onesies, wipes, stroller accessories, jammies, blankets, a pack-n-play, nursery decor, a few cute outfits, a boppy, toys and rattles, etc.  We are one lucky family!
 The Alpha Phi girls (minus Tracey - who couldn't make it with the time shift).
 Me and Muffin!  Can't wait for our babies to be great friends and cousins!
 Me and my gracious hostess - feeling up on each other's baby bellies!  Our babies will be 4 months apart and I hope they're as good of friends as Alia and I are.
 Here's my 32 week shot - loved that my dress had pockets!
 Me and mom at the shower.
And there you have it!  A little recap of a great, great day.  So glad the hectic weekend ended on such a great note.  I feel so blessed to be surrounded by so many amazing and generous friends and family members!

1 comment:

Anthony and Katie Green said...

These photos are great and your shower looks so fun. You got some amazing gifts too!