Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, May 26, 2011

1 Month to Go

We are officially within the 1 month window - Baby Rogers is due 1 month from today!  Since I put real clothes on today (ie. not sweats paired with Brian's t-shirts) and a bit of makeup to head to the doctor's office, we took a belly photo (35.5 weeks along).  Boy, do I look worn out!  No idea why - I am BORED on bed rest, not tired!
 My doctor says everything looks good and isn't too concerned about my low lying placenta.  I'll go for my last ultrasound next Wednesday to it out and say hello to baby!  The baby is pretty well positioned (head down, -1 station for those who know the terms/lingo) and I'm 80% effaced, but no dilation yet.  We are chugging along towards the due date.  Even though I'm 8 months pregnant, big as a house, feeling the baby move constantly, it didn't really HIT me until I heard the doctor say that I'm 80% effaced that we're having a baby within a month.  Crazy!  I'm feeling pretty good, although my hips ache from sleeping on them and laying/lounging on them all night and all day.  My poor bladder is getting smushed, though!  Since the baby has dropped a good amount, my ribs are getting a break, though.  I'm still craving jamba juice and milkshakes/malts, cheeseburgers, salad, and fresh fruit - yum, yum.
In terms of a house update, we made a ton of progress today!  Washer and dryer delivered and installed (fridge is delayed until next week, boooo), rocker/glider delivered and new carpets installed!  Here's a direct quote from Brian (via text) this evening on his trip out to the house to drop a load of stuff off, "Carpet is so nice.  I just want to roll on it like a dog".  I can't wait!  On Tuesday, we had the tile floors cleaned and everyone says they look great (can't wait to see them!).  Here is a photo (via iPhone) of the shower with the new shower enclosure installed.  Loving my new shower and I haven't even tried it yet.  The SF house is almost packed (minus the kitchen) and the plan is to move on Saturday.  Brian and his posse of family and friends will be loading up the trucks (3 Dodge Rams) and the U-Haul trailer.  Can't wait until Sunday when I get to officially live in the new house (even if on bed rest)!  Look for photos over the next couple of days!
In other good news, our "anniversary" gift to each other, the above dining room set, was back ordered and it came in yesterday at Cost Plus World Market - just in time to use the $50 off Memorial Day coupon!  Brian headed over with his truck and picked up our table and chairs to bring to the new house, along with a bunch of boxes and bags, too.  I can't wait to see it all set up and put together!  It's all coming together...exciting times, but we sure are getting down to the wire.

No comments: