Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, May 23, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Huge strides have been made with our house (no thanks to me, sadly)!  We are planning to move in this coming weekend so keep your fingers crossed that baby doesn't have plans of his or her own between now and then.  I can't thank our family and friends who have helped us in some way, shape or form enough!  My mom came to the city on Thursday and brought us groceries, cleaned the house, did laundry, walked Riley and ran an errand for me.  Tracey came by on Wednesday to spend the evening keeping me company and she brought me dinner.  Brian's dad is still working like a dog to paint our house.  His mom and Mitch came down to paint all day Saturday and Sunday.  It's taking a village.....but we're well on our way.  Hopefully the kitchen cabinets are finished this week and I can't wait to share pictures after the new carpets are installed!

Here's a photo tour of some "before" and "in progress" photos.

Here's a shot of our master bedroom - Rick had started to knock out the small closet to extend the shower and give us more wall space.  Although you cannot see in this photo, the texture on the bedroom walls is terrible.  Extreme sandpaper texture.  The other walls in this room, not pictured, were a maroon red.
Here's where the master was at yesterday afternoon.  Closet is gone, walls are re-textured and painted a fresh, crisp blue!  I love it and I haven't even seen it in person.
 Here's the best "before" photo we have of the old master shower/tub, but it's after Rick tore out the old cultured marble shower.  If you don't remember, the subfloor in the master bathroom was dry rotted and needed to be repaired which required ripping out the whole bathroom - an opportunity for us to upgrade a little bit.
 Here's our new shower - almost done!  The tile is all laid and grouted.  The ceiling needs to be painted and the lights need to be pulled into the cans (I'm sure there is a technical term for that) and the shower door needs to be installed.  I loooovvveeee our new shower!
Now this next set of before and in progress photos probably are not that impressive.  However, you will note the decorative beams have been knocked down and replaced and the room has been cleaned up and repainted a lovely boring shade of "oatbran".
 The new carpet is scheduled to be installed on Thursday.  The window sill is now painted a nice, crisp white and we'll be putting faux wood blinds in.  Although I really want plantation shutters in the long run, we can't swing it right now.  We also are installing a ceiling fan and changing the canned lights liner from black to white.
Tadah!  I hope to post some pics later this week after the carpet is done and our new appliances are installed.  Also, there will definitely be pictures of the move, or at least the aftermath....I'll be allowed to move to the new house once my bed and couch are all ready to be re-inhabited.  I hate bed rest.

No comments: