Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Who Has Two Thumbs....

AND A CLEAR PLACENTA?  This girl!
Needless to say, my doctor's appointment yesterday went really well!  We are 36 weeks and 4 days along and baby is looking healthy and normal!  The ultrasound showed my placenta previa has cleared and I am allowed to go into labor and potentially have a normal delivery (pending any other unforeseen hiccups).  No info shared on baby's size - I'm taking that to mean it's a normal sized baby, not too big, not too small which is FINE by me!  I am also off the modified bed rest, but still need to take it easy.  Some might think I planned it this way with the move, but alas I did not - my mom was with me at the doctor's office as a witness!  At least now I can run some light errands and do laundry and set up my own baby's nursery.  Wahooo! 
 Speaking of the baby's nursery, Brian hauled the crib and changing table/dresser (with some help from Josh) up to the nursery last night and the crib is now assembled and the dresser is in place - just need to assemble the changing table attachment.  Then, it's time to start putting clothes away.  I tried to organize a little last night, but the ceiling fan/light is not up yet so once the sun set, I struggled to see what I was doing.
Lastly, Riley is LOVING his new house.  He loves the yard - lots of room to run in circles and play with big sticks he finds.  He likes to stare out the front window as guests arrive and leave.  His favorite thing, though, is the abundance of squirrels in our backyard.  Every morning around 8, about 4-6 squirrels run along the fence and hop into the cherry tree and into the big tree and back and forth, and Riley the Squirrel Hunter goes bananas.  Here is a photo of him stalking the squirrels from the bedroom slider.  This morning he chased them around for a good hour or so, making weird whining/barking/growling noises as the squirrels taunted him from above.  We call the squirrels his frenemies.

No comments: