Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, June 6, 2011

Nursery & More

Our baby's nursery is well on its way to being complete...although, this room will not be done until after baby comes since we've decided to hold off on much wall decor and a lamp shade and some other accents until we know if baby is a "he" or a "she".  Also, we ordered plantation shutters for the window below in the baby's room.
Brian did a great job setting up the crib and changing table - they look great!  Lindsay and I did the bookshelf and it turned out pretty good...it only took probably 3x as long as it should have!  I have all of the baby's books on the shelf and two adorable baskets with gingham liners filled with toys and rattles, etc.  I also put up some keepsake frames with my shower invites in them, a diaper cake and a sleep sheep!
 The closet is full of baby gear and supplies, the wipes warmer is ready to be filled and plugged in, the changing table is full of newborn sized diapers, dresser is full of the few outfits we have and lots of blankets and burp cloths.  The closet doors still need to be put back up.
The changing pad cover is white with green polka dots, although it looks white in the photos.  I'm waiting to set up the crib until the skirt is pressed (yes, I caved and took it to the cleaners, ironing that bad boy was more than I wanted to take on - too many layers and double pleats!).  I also got a mattress cover that is fresh out of the dryer tonight, as well as a few other last minute items.  Brian installed the fan on Sunday with no troubles and a little help from Vai, who was also super helpful in organizing baby's closet and getting the dresser organized with me!  Next up, I'd like to hang the "Welcome "R" Baby" sign from my shower that my aunt made - it's super cute!  We're getting there, little by little!

We finally uploaded and organized our house photos.  If you're interested in seeing the before pics and the progress pics to date, click here to check them out: https://picasaweb.google.com/gina.michelle.rogers/232KentPlace?authkey=Gv1sRgCITM5Zyrk8mKVg&feat=directlink

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Looks good, Gina!!! I can't wait to see if it's a girl baby or a boy baby sleeping in there!