Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, June 17, 2011

Heaven is....

...a pedicure, including foot massage, when you're 9 months pregnant....ahhhhhh.  My lunch break today was spent at the nail salon indulging in a mani/pedi - can't really do my own toes these days anyway and now my fingernails (also known as talons) are trimmed up nice and short so I don't jab my baby's eyeballs out on day 1.  The pedicurist had a nice chuckle at my swollen ankles and feet.
In other news, I placed an ad on Craigslist to get rid of our plethora of broken down moving boxes in the garage....for free!  Our phone was ringing off the hook and I got a handful of emails and a lovely gentleman named Kensley came and took them away in his minivan.  
Brian got to pick out a new grill for his Father's Day gift.  Ours has bit the dust so it was time to replace.  It's been killing me not being able to grill this week in the new house, nice weather and spacious yard.  We went in for a Weber and left with a Huntington.  Apparently, comparable quality but the Huntington is made in the USA which Brian really liked....also a little bit cheaper than the Weber.
Today marked my last day of work before heading out on maternity leave - woot woot!  Good-bye work, see you around October 17.  I also had a doctor's appointment this week and I was dilated to 1cm.  We have movement!  Working our way towards delivery.  I need a new alternator in my car and have an appointment to have it replaced on Monday morning, AND we have a small gas leak (nothing hazardous, confirmed by PG&E) that is being repaired on Monday afternoon, so it would be grand if baby waited until at least Tuesday to make its appearance....we'll see!

No comments: