Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Holy Smokes! 38 Weeks!

Can't believe we're 38 weeks along - baby can come at ANY time!  Here's a snapshot of me in the new backyard, with my boy, 38 weeks pregnant.
 Feeling pretty good - very pregnant.  My pelvis and feet ache if I do too much - too much walking, too much standing, etc.  My doctor estimated on Thursday during my appointment that the baby is about 6 lbs, and she also thinks the baby will be right on time.  If her estimates are correct, we'll probably be having a baby between 7 and 8 lbs. - yippee!  No giant baby for us!
 For those animal lovers out there, here's a little snapshot of my boy giving his baby some kisses.  If I point to my belly and say "give the baby kisses" he bathes my belly in licks.  What a good dog-brother!
 I was lazy and had my bassinet and crib skirts pressed at the cleaners (wow, that cost a pretty penny, won't be doing that again), but, alas, they are done and I was able to put the bassinet together, and finish up the crib.  Here's a photo of the bassinet (sorry for the poor lighting), all set up, but in the living room - this will be in our bedroom once baby arrives.  It's so adorable!  I hope the baby loves it and sleeps in it like a good little baby.
 I think the crib looks so cute all set up!  Although, the bumper didn't tie on as symmetrically as I would like.  It's just decorative as it's totally taboo these days to use bumpers.  Apparently, they are a huge SIDS/suffocation risk now.  They sure are cute, though. 
My mom also picked me up this musical Peter Rabbit to go with the baby's bedding.  it's so cute.  Riley loves to look at it.  I think he's secretly planning to destroy it.  We're working on sniffing the baby toys only - no licking, no biting.  We'll see how well it works...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

It looks so good! The crib is really cute and all ready for that good little baby to sleep right through the night.