Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Third Trimester, We've Arrived!

We've had a big week - this week we entered the infamous "third trimester".  At 28 weeks, we're only a short 3 months away from go time (a little less than, actually).  Today, we had our 28 week check up and an ultrasound.  For the next 2 months, I'll go to the doctor every two weeks - no more monthly appointments.
We took a few minutes for a quick photo opp before heading to the doctor.  Poor Riley thought he was coming along for the ride.  Sucker.  Here I am at 28 weeks, 3 days.  Baby is still very active and it's really neat to see and feel it move!
Our doctor's appointment went great - I passed all of my blood tests from last time with "flying colors", says my doctor.  I've only gained 1.5 lbs from the last doctor's appointment, which is also fabulous to hear.  Heartbeat sounded strong and my belly (ahem...fundal height) is measuring at 30.5 weeks, so now I'm measuring about 2 weeks ahead of schedule.  I asked the doctor, again, if this means anything and she said it's still too early, but she said, "You're not going to have a 6 pound baby.  He's too big of a dude [pointing at Brian] for that to happen.".  Yikes.  I can't wait to hold my 12 pounder in my arms.  Just kidding...I hope.  Next, we headed over to our sonogram appointment and we got to see Baby Rogers again and it was so good!  Again, baby was not cooperating with the camera and our photo opps were slim pickins.  The tech did get this profile shot of the baby's face - you can see the nose and nips if you take a good look.  The heart rate was measured at 167 and baby is folded in half (like jackknifed) with its butt up near the left side of my rib cage and its head, arms and feet down above my right hip.  The good news is that my placenta is now not covering my cervix, however it's still too close to be called "clear"....so we'll go back in a while for another scan and hope it's moved the last 11mm to get out of the way for a vaginal delivery.  Likelihood of this happening is high which is great. 
After our appointment and scan we jetted over the Golden Gate Bridge to Marin to Pottery Barn Kids.  We wanted to pick up a piece of our nursery bedding to match paint colors to for getting the nursery all done up, so we bought a fitted crib sheet.  It's so cute! 
Here's the Pottery Barn image of our nursery bedding and decor.  Of course, our nursery will be different.  Our furniture is dark, espresso wood and we're not going to have that bird branch thing going on.  Or a wooden giraffe toy hanging out.  Although, I do like the little topiaries.  Either way, I'm really excited for the Peter Rabbit bedding!

1 comment:

Anthony and Katie Green said...

Happy 3rd trimester! That's awesome your visit went so well, and 1.5 pounds in 4 weeks, DANG, girl. I think I gained that yesterday:)