Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Birthdays & Babies

It's been a busy week (how often do I start blog posts like this?).  Brian's 29th birthday was on Monday - happy, happy birthday to my hubster!  We had lots of house related errands on Sunday and then headed to my parents for dinner - my mom made Brian a scrumptious carrot cake for his birthday and he was a happy camper.  I didn't trust our crappy oven to bake one myself, but I will be baking cupcakes for the birthday boy at his lil birthday shindig at the A's game on Friday - we'll be heading to the game with about 10 friends to tailgate and then (hopefully) watch the A's kick some tail against the Tigers.  I did, however, make him, what he referred to as my "best enchiladas yet" for his birthday dinner and he enjoyed the evening watching  baseball and more baseball.
Then, this week, we had our first set of baby classes - Infant Care, Infant CPR and Breastfeeding.  I really enjoyed it and we both learned so many new tips and tricks we hadn't heard already.  Infant CPR has changed slightly since the lifeguarding days so the refresher was good - Riley, I'm sure, appreciated us practicing on him last night as part of our homework.  The breastfeeding part of the course was also very helpful (or so I think it will be) - lots of helpful tips for a successful nursing experience.  I can tell you all about it if you're interested, but probably not great blog material.  The infant care section was great - diapering, swaddling, soothing, bathing, proper holding, burping, sleeping, scheduling, etc.  Now, we have four weeks to go until our Child Birth class!  Here's a quick photo I shot of Brian holding our baby from class:

No comments: