Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, March 25, 2011

Denver Deets

Finally - a moment to breathe AND blog.  I returned back from a super fun trip to Denver on Monday.  Denver was soooooo fun and made me miss it :(  My fabulous friends hosted a joint baby shower for me and my other Denver friend (who now resides in Atlanta), Katie.  It was too fun getting to catch up with the ladies, talk about our pregnancies and babies-to-be, and just hang out.
 The decorations were fabulous at the shower - perfect for a "unisex" shower, too.  The hostesses gave us these really cute round, white floral frames with rubber duckies in the background and our babies' monograms in them (mine is TBD besides the "R").
 Here it is!  Along with the favors which were flower candle votives and rubber duckie water squirters.
 We also received framed copies of the invitation as a keepsake - very cute.
 The ladies set up a fun mimosa bar with lots of different juices and nectars to mix with champagne or sparking water and lemonade for us pregnant ladies.  The food was also really yummy - ciabatta sandwiches, orzo salad, fruit, artichoke dip, tomato pie and more!
 Here we are with our hostesses - Katie, Austin and Lisa!
We each got our own cake - mine was delicious chocolate with raspberry filling and Katie's was cinnamon swirl spice cake.  These cakes were probably the MOST moist cakes I've ever tasted.  Mmmmmmm!

I'm so honored to have such great friends back in Denver - and I miss them every day.  Thanks, again ladies for hosting such a grand event for us!

No comments: