Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Water Baby

Yesterday, it was FINALLY hot enough to take Gemma swimming.  Since Brian is out of town on business for the day, we went over to Grammy and Nonno's to swim.  Nonno heated the hot tub up to a good "baby" temp and Gemma got to try out her new swim diaper and swim suit.  She is a natural water lover - just like Mommy and Daddy!  Although this video doesn't do her joy justice, she was loving it.  More cooing and excitement all at once than I've ever seen from this lil baby.  She was moving her arms and kicking her little feet, staring up at the trees and the sky (her favorite thing to look at).  For some reason, as soon as my dad started to record us, she got a little fussy and as soon as the video stopped, she was a happy camper again.
This is the swim diaper I got on Amazon (ImseVimse Swim Diaper) for her swim lessons starting next month, and although it's still a little big I am very pleased with its performance!  She pooped and I had no idea (ie. no leaking in the hot tub!) until I took her suit and diaper off when we were done swimming.  I highly recommend this for any upcoming vacations or swim lessons to those of you with babies.  Just a word to the wise, it doesn't hold in pee - just solids so you can't let the baby hang out it in (unless you don't mind pee everywhere).

I think we'll be going swimming again this weekend if the weather cooperates!

No comments: