Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Holiday Recap

As I'd mentioned in an earlier post, I've been too lazy to unload the Christmas pictures from the camera...well, today I finally took the plunge and low and behold the yield was pathetic.  Ugh - maybe this calls for a delayed new year's resolution - focus on taking more photos? 

Anywho, we had a wonderful Christmas and it was so, so nice to be local with the fams and the friends.  We made the typical rounds - Brian's Mom's for Christmas Eve, spent the night at my parents', Brian's Dad's for Christmas brunch and then back to my parents' for Christmas dinner with the extended family.  Maybe next year we'll have our own house to host one of these?

We are so fortunate to have such loving and generous families - we received so many fun presents and got to spend quality time with both of our families!  Even Baby Rogers got several outfits, some blankets, some frames, etc.  We got a camcorder, which will be AWESOME when the baby comes (who's excited for home videos on the blog?).  Here's one of the only photos I took - Riley destroying his gift from Aunt Sandy approximately 4 hours after he received it.
 We also had fun giving gifts, too - like a new knife set for Debbie and Mitch and their new kitchen, a french press for my Dad, some cute tops for my Mom, new flannel sheets for Tim, a mini wine fridge for Brennan, new shoes for Gabriel, some shirts for Gregory, and for our extended family gift exchange too - shirts for Grandpa and a hunting vest and gun cleaning kit for Danny.  To name a few....I loooovveeee gift giving.

Here's a snapshot of me and Lindsay with the tots - Haven and Caden (and his cool new beanie).
We had a pretty chill New Years Eve - had a few friends over for dinner, cocktails, games and illegal fireworks in the backyard.  We put on a fireworks show like you'd see over the bay on the 4th of July.  I'm glad everyone still had all fingers and eyeballs when they left in the morning.  Here's to 2011!

1 comment:

Lisa Cotter said...

Sounds like a great holiday season :)