Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Summertime Baby!

To my loyal blog followers, there's a reason I've been MIA...we have a baby on the way! This little bambino has been making me sick, sick, sick - too sick to blog, too sick to do laundry, too sick to cook. Ask Riley and Brian, all I've been doing is laying around SICK. Regardless, we are so so excited!
Here's our first ultrasound at 8 weeks. Sorry the quality is so poor. We don't have a scanner so this is a photo of the hard copy. We get our next one on Friday - can't wait!
Here's the "original" test. The test that Brian didn't believe because the second line is so faint (so faint you can barely see it in this small photo).
Here's the test that convinced him he was soon to be a daddy!
Baby Rogers is due June 26. Looking forward to sharing this experience on the blog, for sure! Everyone asks us to tell the "story" about how we found out, so here goes.
I'd been feeling "off" - just not myself and I told Brian I thought I was pregnant. He, of course, told me it was in my head and there was no way it happened that quickly. While at Walgreen's picking up a prescription, the pharmacy line was in the aisle with the pregnancy tests....so I gave into the temptation and bought a box. Of course, I bought the box that says you can find out EARLY. That night, I begged Brian to let me take a test and he told me to go for it. So, I did and.....it was NEGATIVE! So, after some initial disappointment and some self-soothing thoughts, "well, we didn't think it would happen that fast anyway" and "I guess it is all in my head", life went on....for two more days. Brian was heading out with his friends for a night of beer pong and baseball watching and I was all alone with Riley. I still was feeling "off" and was researching early pregnancy symptoms only to convince myself yet again that surely I was pregnant. With Brian gone, I thought, "hmmmm, he'll never know if I take another test and it's negative and I toss it"....as Brian had told me not to waste anymore money on tests. Well, I did just that except the test was POSITIVE this time around. Now, I was in quite the pickle....after all, it wasn't my dream come true to call my husband while he's playing with his dude-friends and share the good news...so I danced a quick celebration jig with Riley and tried to go to sleep. As soon as Brian got home, I told him the good news...his response? "Wait, what? Wait. What? Wait.....That's awesome!". Then I showed him the test with the "faint" line and he didn't believe it. I buzzed over to Safeway for a digital test and 15 minutes later we had positive test #2! We are over the moon :)

1 comment:

Lisa Cotter said...

soo soo excited for you guys!!!