Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Cookies

I vowed that I would force myself to bake Christmas cookies no matter how well I felt. So, today I set out to do just that. I've made the usual ginger cookies, peanut butter blossoms, chocolate chip, but I also threw a new recipe in the mix. Let me tell you, this recipe is a WIN. Thanks to Food Network's 12 Days of Cookies and of course, to Paula Deen for this killer recipe.
These Chocolate Gooey Butter Cookies are TDF (to die for) and so easy!
1 stick butter (room temp)
1 8 oz pkg cream cheese (room temp)
1 egg
1 tspn vanilla
1 box moist chocolate cake mix
Powdered sugar for dusting
With an electric hand mixer, cream the butter and cream cheese together. Mix in the egg, then mix in the vanilla. Beat in the cake mix. Once the dough is well mixed, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Once chilled, form walnut sized balls, roll in the powered sugar and set about 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet (I always line mine with parchment paper). Bake at 375 for 12 minutes and voila! Deliciousness.

No comments: