Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Summer Reading

Summer reading has been delightful thus far. I love that I've gotten through a handful already. To name a few, I have some reviews....
I've seen these books in magazines, on Amazon, at Barnes & Noble, etc. but the summaries just didn't do it for me. Then, a friend of mine started The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and we have similar taste in books so I gave it a whirl. WHAT A FANTASTIC BOOK! Creepy? Yes. Odd? Definitely. Twisted? Mmmhmmm. Suspenseful? Yep. Regardless, captivating, interesting and entertaining!

So when I finished with the first book, of course, I had to buy the next two.....all good. I highly recommend this series by Stieg Larsson to any serious reader!

This book (That Old Cape Magic), on the other hand, I just finished. Not a fan. It was tough for me to get through. Ugh.

This book, by one of my favorite authors, was pretty good. Not my favorite, but I like her style. It was a real tear jerker, though. Get your tissues ready if you're going to read it! I do recommend Promises to Keep, however.


I am now onto Commencement which I am, unfortunately, disappointed with, as well. This one was on the recommended reading table at Borders and also featured in People Magazine. I'm not even halfway through and I'm not impressed with the style of writing.


I hope to get through a list of others this summer....to name a few:
One Day by David Nicholls
Fly Away Home by Jennifer Weiner
Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin
American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld
The Wedding Girl by Madeleine Wickham


2 comments:

Anthony and Katie Green said...

Thanks for the advice, I have been meaning to text you about what you have been reading lately. I am reading Belong to Me, by Marisa de los Santos - pretty good so far.

Next, I am thinking about The Island. Heard anything about that one?

Lisa Cotter said...

Read Little Bee! We're having book club tonight to review it :) xoxo