Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, August 27, 2010

Book Update

I've been a reading machine so I need to post my recommendations (to read and to stay away from!)
I read this one over a weekend - Jennifer Weiner is one of my favorite authors. She does not disappoint, however it's not her best work, either. It's light reading and it's entertaining. Wait for it to come out in paperback, but do pick it up then.
My old book club just finished reading Little Bee so I thought I'd give it a whirl. It was an interesting read. I liked the book throughout and I got through it quickly, but I was disappointed with the end - I felt like I was left with no closure and the story could have gone in a million directions. Not bad for a fast purchase at the Albuquerque airport, though.

This one I'm about halfway through and am enjoying it. It's not going to win any sort of literary prize, but it's entertaining and I read the first one so of course I had to pick this one up. I've been flying a lot so I've had plenty of time to read so this was a quick purchase at Hudson Books at the Nashville airport.

1 comment:

Lisa Cotter said...

Glad you read Little Bee! I was also disappointed with the end :(