Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Monterey or Bust!

Yesterday, Brian and I shipped off the dog to my parents' house and packed our bags to head down to Monterey for the night to celebrate our 2nd anniversary.
We drove along highway 1 and I got to gaze at the beautiful coastline. We stopped for a couple of hours in Castroville for the Artichoke Festival. We ate some fried artichoke hearts, fresh giant strawberries, and bought some jumbo artichokes to eat this week.
There was an artichoke art exhibit that was pretty cool - we snapped some photos, one right here of this artichoke pelican.
Here we are. It was quite cold. I wish I'd brought a fleece or a sweatshirt or something.

Then it was onto Monterey where we walked along Cannery Row for a while. Brian snapped this photo along our walk. We stopped at Ghiradelli for a yummy Seasalt Caramel Hot Cocoa - mmmmmmmm. We had dinner at The Monterey Fish House which was FABULOUS.
I usually feel bad buying myself little gifts on trips like this, but I couldn't resist this treasure. Found it at a wine store on Cannery Row. The top is open and you can collect your wine bottle corks in it - I love it and I'm tempted to drink multiple bottles of wine tonight by myself just to fill it up with its first few corks.....

No comments: