Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Catch Up: Mother's Day

I know this is delayed, but it's never too late to blog about good stuff. Since we're now back "home" in California, we were able to host a Mother's Day brunch for our moms, Brian's grandma, and the other lucky men folk who got off easy by having us host. I kid, I kid. There were 10 of us in all - luckily my new (as of a few weeks ago) tablecloth and napkins still fit the bill for a Mother's Day motif.


We made....
Baked French Toast Casserole
Spinach and Cheddar Frittata
Artichoke and Fontina Frittata
Fruit Salad
Grilled Italian Sausages
Here's the only other photo I took that day - Brian, his grandma, his brother. She was quite pleased with her See's candy Mother's Day gift.
We gave my mom some new flip flops, some See's Candy and a cookbook for her new slow cooker. For Brian's mom, we got her a few kitchen gadgets from William Sonoma and a new recipe box.
On top of all that, I got two gifts for hosting! A pretty PINK scarf from Debbie and a pretty PINK flowering cactus from my mom. Brian took some photos that I found on the camera. This little guy opens and closes its flowers depending on how sunny it is.

Now, what will we do for Father's Day? Maybe I'll leave that one up to Brian ;)

No comments: