Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Paula Deen's Pumpkin Pie

So today was a day of preparation for tomorrow's feast. I went to Whole Foods and got the rest of my veggies, chopped everything for stuffing and green beans, and of course baked my pie. I usually use the recipe on the back of the Libby's pumpkin for my pie, but this time I was sure I needed a little Paula Deen. I found this recipe on http://www.foodnetwork.com/ and my pie looks great - let's hope it tastes as good as it looks tomorrow.



I saw this idea online and thought I'd try it out - I used a maple leaf cookie cutter to add little leaves to the crust.





Here's what my pie crust looked like before baking.






The filling was tasty! Kinda hard to get really smooth.







I covered my edges with foil so they wouldn't burn because pumpkin pie takes longer to bake here so far above sea level.

My leaf cut outs bent over and looked like stars when the pie was done...probably won't do that again, but other than that my pie looks great!
Now we're off to the airport!

No comments: