Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Feast!


Around mid morning, I took the bird out of the brine bucket and herbed him all up and put him in his roaster, ready for the oven.








Riley got an early Christmas present from his Grandma since he's not coming home for Christmas!



















A wiggly jiggly ball!!!!




















I set the table while everything was cooking.















The green beans with shallots and garlic!













The rue for the gravy...mmmmmmm














Tom is done!!!!!! Juicy and golden, mmmmm....













The spread - kept it simple, but had all the essentials. Brian carved the turkey and did a fantastic job.








The finished product - YUM!!!! I ate every morsel (and Riley got a bite, too!).









Thanksgiving was a success! More pictures coming of US on T-day along with Brian's mom and her boyfriend. We were able to enjoy the day in our own home cooking, chatting, drinking wine, walking Riley, watching football, playing dominoes, watching Fred Claus and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.
Thanksgiving 2008, I was most thankful for my supportive family, my loving husband, my steady job, my strong health and my cuddly pooch!!

No comments: