Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Thankful...

As I mentioned in my last post, I have a lot to catch up on.  So, in this post, we'll be covering Pre-Thanksgiving with Friends, Gemma Turns 5 Months and the real Thanksgiving.  Ready...go!

Earlier in November, we had a Pre-Thanksgiving Feast with our friends...our 2nd Annual back in California, but I used to do this with my roommates in college and after college so for me, I think this is my 6th (in California - did 1 in Colorado, too!).  It's much easier now...I remember the first year Alia and I were wrestling with a frozen turkey...no idea it needed several days to thaw....searching for a neck in the cavity...calling our moms every step of the way asking how to do this or how to do that.  I think I have it down, now.
 We made the bird, the stuffing, the mashed potatoes, the gravy and we baked a pie we bought at Apple Hill, too.  Our wonderful friends provided the rest of the plentiful feast's menu.
 Everyone ate themselves silly.
 Here's proof of said eating.  Also, check out those cute babies who joined us at the table in their Bumbo chairs.
 I knew you wanted a close up of the babies.  And a rundown of the cat-fight that ensued.  Here you see Gemma playing with her bird toy...you also may see cousin Ava trying to also play with it.
 Oh, hey, look at that.  Boom!  Ava's got the toy....you want to know what happened next?  I had to put down the camera to stop the fight my dear daughter started by grabbing a fistful of Ava's beautiful mane and yanking.  That naughty baby (it's a good thing she's so stinkin' cute!).  Is this a sneak peak at what's to come when she's a teenager?  I mean, I know she's jealous of Ava's hair, but violence isn't the answer.
 Speaking of hair, look who has some more!  Gemma also turned 5 months old between Thanksgiving with Friends and the Real Deal.  Here she is with her favorite toy (at the moment) - doing her favorite thing - gnawing on it.  Those smilin' baby blues are telling me she's one happy baby with her book, all snug in her Baby Gap sweats.
 And onto Thanksgiving Day, 2011.  Sadly, I don't have many pictures.  We hosted it at our house this year and I must have been preoccupied with all the cooking and setting up.  We did, however, snap a few photos of our favorite turkey in the most adorable Thanksgiving outfit EVER before she pooped all over it...twice.  That's right, this bad boy was in the wash before people came over and back on, only to be destroyed once again before dinner.  Oh, Gemma, we love you.

No comments: