Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, July 25, 2011

Week 5!

I feel like I can't blog fast enough and the weeks are passing me by!  Gemma turned 5 weeks old on Saturday.  She had her 4 week check up last week (at 4 weeks, 4 days) and she weighed in at 9lbs, 5oz and 22.5in.  She's in the 50th percentile for weight and the 90th percentile for length!  We have a long one on our hands.  Otherwise, she had a healthy report from her doctor.
On Thursday, she rolled over from belly to back for the first time!  I didn't catch the action on camera (or camcorder) since I didn't expect it so soon, but I did snap a photo of her on her back after she rolled over.  Look how pleased she looks!
In an attempt to catch her rolling over on camera, we had lots of tummy time on Friday...no luck yet!  We did get our new camera lens and are having fun learning how to use it properly.  Here's a closeup of her sweet little face.  People who know me well know I gave my dog several nicknames from Day 1 (Chicken, Peachy King, Boy Chicken, Beauty King) and have asked what I'm calling this precious little girl besides Gemma.....well, I usually call her Ciucci (pronounced Chuchi)...which means to suck (or, conjugated, "you suck") in Italian...she's such a good little eater and is always making little sucking faces in her sleep and it stuck!  My little Ciucci is so cute!  Brian is not yet on the nickname bandwagon....
We had a barbecue on Saturday since our friends from Florida were in town and Gemma wore this adorable green and white checkered picnic dress!  She is growing so fast and we love her more and more each day!
At the bbq, Gemma was getting lots of loving!  Everyone held her and admired her :) We were proud parents to share our little girl.  She was so good, too - she had a great time, although she slept most of the evening.  This picture (above) is of Gemma with Lindsay and below is Gemma with Amy.
 Brian got to show off his new bbq to his friends and also spend some quality time with the dudes playing ladder ball on our lawn.
 Riley also had a great time (new lens at work again!).
I think this photo is hilarious because it's a crisp, great photo of Andra and Cat and there's creepy Todd, blurred out in the background in the photo.... 
 We realized we aren't getting many photos of the three of us so we're trying to get more!  Here we are at the end of the night on Saturday - it was so fun to share our new house and new baby with a handful of friends!
We also took lots of walks with the Gemster last week - she loves going on walks in the evening when she doesn't have to be covered by a blanket to avoid getting burned by the sun.  There she is now, crying for her next feeding :) gotta go....

1 comment:

Anthony and Katie Green said...

I can't believe she is 5 weeks old! Time is flying by. I love that little green dress, she looks like a baby doll :)