Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, July 25, 2011

Fixin' It Up...

Our house, that is!  Although we've been busy learning how to be parents to sweet baby Gemma, we still have been hard at work making our new house a home.  It's well past time I posted some more updated photos!  Today, Gemma is taking a nice nap and my house is clean, so I snapped up the opportunity to snap a few. 

Here is our entryway - I put up that round sconce all by myself.  Yes, we have hand sanitizer available as you walk through our door, we have a newborn.
 We got a cheapy curtain to provide some privacy on our big front window until we tear it out and put in double doors in the fall.  It does the job and I think it looks pretty nice. 
 Alia came to town so Gemma, Riley and I spent some time hanging a framed poster and some other pictures on the walls in our guest room.  Seriously, Riley laid on the ground and Gemma had some tummy time on a blanket next to him, all the while listening to some tunes, while I hammered picture hooks into the walls.  Brian also put up blinds in this room that look great!
 Remember our less than "crisp" looking upstairs bathroom?  If not, here's a refresher photo:
 Well, Tim was nice enough to come over and help me give it a mini-makeover.  He did most of the work, but I did help paint and spackle holes!  It's amazing what a fresh coat of paint can do!  We also put up matching hand towel and shower curtain, new blinds, a new light fixture, new towel and tp fixtures and a new mirror.  I also got a pretty candle and some hand soap to finish it off!
 Our living room has had some small changes.  Mostly, clutter has been put away and boxes unpacked.  Lots of baby gear (and baby!) can be found in here.
 The biggest recent improvements are the new painting we got at Cost Plus World Market (to add some color!) and our NEW PLANTATION SHUTTERS that I love!  They really "make" the room.
 We ordered these a long time ago but they were finally installed on Saturday.  I love them.  Thanks to Debbie for an awesome housewarming gift.
 We also ordered plantation shutters for Gemma's room and here they are.  I'm slowly, but surely, making her room girlier, as well.  So far, we have a pink lamp shade, a pink night light, a pink hamper liner....I also ordered wooden wall letters in her name in pink....they should arrive in a couple weeks!  I still need to paint the closet doors, put the new hardware on, hang up her photo/hand and foot prints frame and put some other frames and girly things on her bookshelf.
That's about it!  Brian has also been doing LOTS of yard work and our backyard looks so nice!  Brian is probably sick of his "list" of things to do around the house that I add to all the time, but all the work is paying off and we're loving our new house.

No comments: