Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Lesson Not Learned

Dear New Contigo Travel Mug,

First, I'd like to thank you for not being a liar. I read your packaging before I made my purchase of you and I saw that you promised to keep my drink hot for 12 hours. I should have trusted you and taken you seriously. However, I did not. I assumed you were like any other jerk of a mug, not living up to your advertised uses.

I filled you with coffee, piping hot from my Cuisinart Brewmaster at 6:50am and I took my first sip from your nifty no-leak opening about 35 minutes later...only to burn the shit out of my upper lip. I think you actually went above and beyond and heated my coffee up further.

I should have listened to Brian's warning via text from an hour earlier "be careful with the coffee, it never cools down". I never learn my lesson with hot food and beverage items. I burn my tongue twice a week, at a minimum. But now I've done it....I've never burned my lip like this. Thank you, Contigo Travel Mug, for giving me a second degree burn on my upper lip.

Sincerely,

Gina

2 comments:

Lisa Cotter said...

Hilarious! Sounds painful though....

Anthony and Katie Green said...

hahahah, that's so funny. I need to get Anthony one of those mugs.