Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Pet Peeve

Now that the holiday season has officially started, lights are sprouting on peoples' houses left and right. So, that means it's time that I share my views on said Christmas lights.


PEOPLE - if you are going to spend hours upon hours putting lights on your house and dollar after dollar buying these strands, for GOD'S SAKE do a good job!

There are three Christmas light "faux pas" in my opinion - too much, just plain shitty, the uneven blinkers.

Example: Too Much


No words are necessary.

Example: Just Plain Shitty

No straight lines, no patterns, no consistency, too many characters - maybe I have a small case of OCD, but this is unreal.

Example: Uneven Blinkers

I do not have a picture for this.....however, put on your imagination cap.....picture a house with 5 strands of lights strapped to the gutters - and only 1 strand is blinking. Picture a tree with 3 strands of lights wrapped around it - and 2 are blinking faster than the 1. I have no problem with blinking lights in general, but pull it together and have the blinking make sense...or move into a trailer.


No comments: