Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Baking for Friends



Unfortunately, today we learned sad, sad news that our friend, Katie's dad passed away last night after a long battle with cancer and other ailments. We asked Katie what we could do to help and she said nothing now, but she'd let us know. She called back a while later and said she thought of something - her Step Mom wants SWEETS, so we're baking! Brian and I have spent the evening making banana bread, spice cake cup cakes with cream cheese frosting and brownies. Here are are some samples of what it's like to bake with Brian.....





Brian: What's a "t"?
Gina: Is it big or little?
Brian: It says 1 t.
Gina: Move, let me look....it's a little t, that's a teaspoon. A big T is a tablespoon.

Brian: I'm ready to stir it. What should I use?
Gina: Doesn't matter, but I like to use a wooden spoon?
Brian: Can I use my hands?
Gina:.....I guess, wash them first.
(Brian used a wooden spoon)


Brian: We only have this orange box - baking soda
Gina: No, there's baking powder, too. It's in a white canister
Brian: What is this shit?
Gina: I think they make the bread rise?
Brian: I bet they taste like shit.

1 comment:

Anthony and Katie Green said...

ha, ha, ha. i laughed out loud!