Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Goodbye, Grandma, We'll Miss You

Rest in peace, Grandma (June 3, 1932 - April 18, 2012).

My grandma passed away peacefully in her sleep last week.  We'll miss her so much, but I know she's not suffering any more and she's taking deep breaths of heavenly air.  Lots of Grandma memories came to light over this past weekend during family time for the Rosary and Funeral - Grandma always used straws and had them around the house....she had a little candy dish on her side table in the family room where she kept stale candy, she made the BEST jello salad, she never swore ("oh, sugar!" was the worst you could hear come out of her mouth), she liked her white zinfandel, especially from a box.  She made the most delicious Christmas cookies.  She cooked Thanksgiving turkeys in a bag and her pot roast was delicious.  She always taped checks into cards for birthdays/Christmas/special occasions.  One of my most vivid memories of Grandma is from my 9th birthday at Chuck E. Cheese...I walked into a shelf/stage and cut my eyebrow and was bleeding everywhere and Grandma took the $5 bill out of my hand and made sure to wipe it clean of all the blood!  She also always put a piano bench out for holiday dinners and us grandkids would fight over who got to sit on it.  She also kept cheese balls around which were so good as a kid!  Lots of great memories that will live with us forever.  Grandma, I know you're watching down on us from above....

No comments: