Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, February 21, 2011

Birthday Shindig

I had a GREAT birthday yesterday.  Not only did I get lots of calls, texts, facebook posts wishing me a happy birthday, but Brian and I had a nice lunch, did some baby registering AND then headed to my parents house for an impromptu big family dinner.  Last minute dinner actually worked out well - the first time all the cousins were together in a long, long time.

Not only did we celebrate my big 2-9, but more importantly we got to meet Baby Faith for the first time.  12 day old Faith is BEAUTIFUL and perfect and I could not get enough of her.  Such a good baby!  Definitely gets me excited for our little bundle of preciousness.
 Since we were all together, of course we had to take the ol' staircase photo, but we're getting too big (too many of us and we're physically too big to cram into the staircase)!  This tradition started long, long ago when there were only 4 or 5 of us grandkids.....now, there are 9 of us, 3 great grandkids (+ 2 on the way), and 6 significant others!
 We even remembered to take a family photo.  I'm exactly 22 weeks pregnant in this photo, but strategically hidden between the 2 big buys and with Nicole slightly standing in front of me. 
Couldn't have asked for a better way to ring in the last year of my 20s!  Looking forward to what this next year brings - new house (cross your fingers!), new baby and many exciting times!

No comments: