Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Is That Allowed?

Today, I went to gym to swim - haven't been in a pool to exercise in over a year. Lovely.


As I was finishing up my oh so strenuous 1100 yards, a man and a woman headed to the steps of the pool at about the same time. The man asked if I'd mind sharing my lane, I said "Not at all, I'm almost done anyway."


Before the woman could even say a thing, the old lady in the lane next to me looks at her and says, "I'm sharing my lane with my friend. She's still in the locker room."


Excuse me?! You can't hog a lane. Just like you can't reserve a treadmill next to you for your "friend who's on the way". Standard gym rules. Learn how to circle swim.


By the way, the crazy old lady was doing laps with a snorkel mask (and breathing tube thing).

No comments: