Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, May 28, 2012

My First Mom's Day

This year we got to celebrate a new holiday for a new reason - because I'm a mom now!  I was very much looking forward to this Mother's Day.  For an early celebration, we went to Brian's mom and Gemma got to spend a few hours with her Grandma while we made a yummy Mother's Day Eve dinner.  On Mother's Day morning, I got to "sleep in", then I got a steaming cup of coffee brought to me and a smiling, chatty 3-toothed baby.  Then it was off to brunch...
 We went to Postino in Lafayette for a delicious brunch outside with my family.  Gemma was in a feisty mood, but everyone enjoyed her smiles. 
Then in the afternoon, I got a nap (when was the last time I got a nap??????) followed by some quality family time with Brian, Gemma and Riley and then a delicious homemade (by chef Brian) dinner.  A Mother's Day success!

No comments: