Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Showering Alia

On Saturday, I hosted a baby shower for Alia.  I've been looking forward to the shower all summer....spending time with Gemma thinking up ideas for the "big day".  I was very pleased with how the day turned out!

The invitations said "Alia Robbins is having a little lady" and had daisies and lady bugs on them so I went with that for the theme.  I made Alia a lady bug and daisy themed diaper cake (140 diapers, no glue! Thanks to Stefania, I learned a new technique), framed the invitation, got daisies for all the tables, made cupcakes with red and white polka dot wrappers, lady bugs for the tables, matching balloons and these puffy tissue paper decoration things, too.
 For favors, I filled these Dollar Tree jars (thanks for your extra jars, Sara!) with red (cherry), white (coconut), yellow (lemon), and blue (berry) jelly bellies and I tied pretty ribbon around the tops.  I finished them off with a cute sticker that said "Alia's Baby Shower" and the date.
 I ordered the favor tag stickers, the banner and the cupcake toppers from an old friend from my sorority's Etsy shop (Top That! Designs www.jenleonardini.etsy.com).  They turned out soooo cute - I loved them!
 Although the cupcakes looked great, unfortunately due to a broken oven, they were not that good.  I had to bake them in our microwave that is a combo convection oven and they baked unevenly and some were really dry.  Speaking of broken oven, home warranty service ticket #4 in progress....a new oven lock and keypad are on order and the home warranty saved us $500!

 Brian worked his tail off getting our yard ready - fertilizing the grass, weeding, trimming bushes, blowing leaves and on Friday, with his friend, Mike, moving 6 yards of bark onto our tree area to cover all the dead grass and weeds so now our yard looks super manicured and spiffy.  He also went and picked up chairs for me and hung the fluffy tissue decorations, amongst other things.
 Here's the guest of honor enjoying some lunch with her ladies.  I made orzo salad, fruit salad, chicken salad on croissants and mini BLTs (with avocado).  I thought the food was delish - hope everyone else did, too!  We had yummy sparkling juices and lemonade and champagne for those in the mood for a cocktail cooler.
 Here are the "moms" enjoying the day, too.
 Alia got lots of very nice gifts from her generous friends!
 Gemma is sick of having her photo taken.  Poor baby doesn't realize that's what her future holds - mom and dad snapping away with the camera!  She kind of matched the party in her snazzy outfit - yellow and white polka dot hot pants with a yellow ruffle top with a daisy on it.  Thanks, Amy for the cute outfit!
 One of many group shots, the various Davis roommates - Kristen (and Ava!), me, Alia, Jess and Jayme.
 Riley partied so hard he had to nap under the table.
Saturday was a lot of fun!  Now, can't wait to meet lil Miss Robbins when she gets here!

No comments: