Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Fish Tacos & Football

It's been a whirlwind of family time in the last week or so, which is rare for us. On Monday night, for the Cowboys vs. Giants game, Tim and Brennan came over for fish tacos and football. The Rogers men live for the Cowboys (such a shame) so I thought it would be fun for them to watch the game together and get treated to dinner, too.

I found this recipe online, http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/fish-tacos-recipe/index.html, and I thought it turned out pretty good. I had to use fresh Pacific Cod instead of Mahi Mahi because Whole Paycheck, I mean Whole Foods, didn't have any. I thought about using Tilapia, too, but it was farmed. Thumbs down to farmed fish (if you ask me). I also made some Spanish rice and black beans, yum yum.

Apparently, my fish tacos are bad luck because Tony Romo broke his clavicle and is out for 6-8 weeks and the Cowboys lost. Oops. Brian claims we're now Raiders fans, but let me tell you, that will NEVER happen. I hate the Raiders.

No comments: