Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Bread

About two and a half weeks ago, I went to Albuquerque for a girls weekend at Alia's house. Alia had a baggie full of creamy mush that we all questioned. She called it Amish Friendship Bread and said we'd make it while we were there. I definitely thought to myself, "nasty".
Fast forward a few hours and Alia is a little Betty Crocker in the kitchen and she's making the bread, but it turns out it's more like a cake - like pound cake or coffee cake. AND the best part is that it's a bundt cake. I love a bundt cake.

Let me tell you, this bread, this cake...was AMAZING! It's like a cross between coffee cake and spice cake and french toast. Soooo tasty.
I took home a starter (the baggie full of creamy mush) and have made two batches so far - passed along starters to the Katies and plan to bring the latest loaf to work tomorrow with more starters.

Who wants a starter?

No comments: