Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Bobby Flay: Dream Crusher

I watched a few episodes of "Throwdown with Bobby Flay" this weekend (as you can tell I got to watch a lot of what I want to watch while the mister was out of town). I have seen this show before and generally enjoy it...but tonight I realized it's actually quite sad.

First, Food Network dupes some poor person or establishment, otherwise very well known for their specialty food item, into thinking they're getting a special feature on the Food Network. Then, while they're preparing for their special feature, Bobby Flay shows up to challenge them to a duel - to see who can make the best of whatever their specialty is. He basically says, "Oh yeah, you think you make the best (insert food item here)? I'll show you, sucker".

Bobby Flay wins most of the time (at least from the many episodes I've seen) and I realized tonight that in doing so he is seriously crushing the dreams and pride of his competition.

I officially do not like this show.

No comments: