Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, February 13, 2009

Funny Lil Story

There's been a lot of Valentine's Day talk around the office so I thought I'd share an entertaining story I heard yesterday (hope you don't mind, Katie!)....
Last year, my friend Katie's husband totally dropped the V-Day ball. No flowers, no dinner, no card, etc. Later that week, as a disappointed wife would do, she was quizzing him on what all of his workmates got their wives...and they all sent flowers, got cards, candy - the whole 9 yards.
So then Katie says, "What did they say when you told them you did nothing for me?".....
Drum roll, please, for the most classic answer you've ever seen.......
"I told them I sent you flowers at work."

What a snake! Didn't want to look like a jerk to his boss and co-works, but no biggie on disappointing the wife!
Don't worry - he made up for it this year. Took her to a surprise night on the town last night! Flowers delivered to work, picked her up for happy hour, then took her to a fab restaurant for an amazing dinner.

1 comment:

Anthony and Katie Green said...

soooooo funny! what a snake, ha, ha.